Concerns may include: concerns about something your instructor said or did, feel you have been treated unfairly, difficulty understanding the instructors course requirements, concern involving a college staff member.
Student Support Lounge
The Center for Student Life's Student Support Specialists serve as a resource for students. We recognize that students may encounter a variety of challenges during their time with us. We are committed to working towards achieving our vision that Every Student Thrives. Never is this more important as our students persist towards graduation (or even just the end of the semester) amidst a global pandemic and system racism.
Throughout the year, the Student Support Specialists can be available to speak with a student to talk through their specific experience and determine what resources and services on campus (and sometimes off campus) could be helpful. In some instances, we meet with students on a regular basis for ongoing support.
Some services the Student Support Specialists provide include:
• Running of the Leopard Pantry, WIT Wear, the Student Emergency Fund, and the Supply Closet
• Helping students with Medical Leaves of Absence
• Absence Notifications
• Temporary Impairments
• Provide transition support for students who are new or returning to campus
The Office of Institutional Equity supports the university in cultivating and maintaining a campus environment that is equitable, inclusive and accessible.
The Office of Institutional Equity:
• Establishes and implements meaningful non-discrimination policies;
• Coordinates the prompt, thorough and impartial resolution to allegations of discrimination;
• Identifies and eliminates obstacles to accessibility for students, faculty and staff;
• Collaborates with campus partners to promote fair and inclusive hiring practices; and
• Manages compliance with state and federal non-discrimination laws;
• Provides educational programming regarding equity, inclusion and access to the campus community.
• Provides support and resources to individuals who are pregnant or parenting
Title IX in the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination based on sex in educational programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to complying with Title IX and providing and educational, working and living environment that is free from gender or sex discrimination and sexual misconduct (Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, Dating/Intimate Partner Violence, Stalking).
When a student feels that they have been subject to discrimination on the basis of sex or gender identity or experiences an incident of sexual misconduct, they may contact the Title IX Coordinator to bring concerns forward for the purpose of obtaining a prompt and equitable resolution. You can find them at https://wit.edu/title-ix
The Success Studio provides you with tools, opportunities and resources to find success along your educational journey. It is a physical and virtual space that is home to an integrated resource center dedicated to seamless academic advising, academic support and student success.
The Success Studio can help students with:
- Academic Advising questions
- Student Accessibility Services
- Resources and workshops to support your educational goals